Default to Month View

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:03 am
Hello!

Since I updated to the latest version of Dayback my calendar opens by default in the "Horizon" view. I would like to have it open in Month view, but I can't find the step to adjust this in the opening scripts. I initially have the database open to a Main Menu, so I do not want to use the script step in 'Upon Opening" that goes directly to the Month view. Help?

Thanks!
Nick
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:38 am
Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out here on this! You can set your calendar's default view by modifying the very last step of the "Upon Opening" script. It should contain "Month" within that Perform Script step's parameter, but if you're not going to the calendar at startup (and navigating to the calendar some other way) the default set here won't actually take effect.

To set your default on startup, add a Set Variable step for $$sc_Mode, containing the value "Month". Then, the next time you navigate to the calendar layout, this $$sc_mode will cause the calendar to open to your intended view.

Please let me know if that works for you!

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:34 pm
Thanks Dan!

I was still getting the Horizon view when I added the Set Variable step to the Load Calendar Settings script, but it worked when I added the Set Variable as the second to last step in the Upon Opening script, leaving the Go To Layout ("Main Menu") as the last step.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:39 am
Right on, Nick!

Glad to hear you were able to get this working. Thanks for letting me know!

Keep us posted if you have any other questions.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker