Replace Calendar Pro with Dayback

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:24 am
I have a system running Seedcode Calendar Pro and would like to put Dayback in it's place. Are there instructions on the steps I would need to take to successfully do this?

Cindy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:33 am
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for reaching out here on this -- that's great you're upgrading to DayBack. Is your SeedCode Calendar Pro embedded in your system, or linked as a separate file? If it's just linked, then you can link DayBack to your solution just by following these integration instructions: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... ntegration

If your current calendar is embedded, and you'd like to embed DayBack in it's place, you'll first need to remove the calendar's scripts and layouts. Your event Detail and List layouts can be reused in DayBack if you'd like. Then, you'll be able to follow the embedded integration instructions below. Once the integration is complete, you'll need to repair any calendar navigation buttons used in other parts of your system, so they go to your new calendar.

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... heCalendar

I hope that helps! Keep us posted with any other questions as you move forward with DayBack.

All the best,
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:48 am
Dan,

This is exactly what I needed...Thanks!

Do I need to change out the fields in the tables?

Cindy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:23 am
Glad that helped, Cindy!

Yes, you'll need to add or change fields in your Events table so that you have all of DayBack's "DBk_" fields. You may already have some fields with a different prefix, like DBk_Notified and DBk_Repeating_id. You could rename those fields rather than replace them. But you'll want to make sure any DBk_ calculation fields have the correct calculations, so replacing at least these fields is the way to go here.

You probably already have other fields that aren'r prefixed with DBk_, like Summary, Description, Status, Resource, and your date and time fields. So, no need to add these fields or even rename them. You'll just end up mapping these fields on your Source No layout during the DayBack integration.

Keep us posted with any questions!

All the best,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker