Timescale dependant on resource

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:09 pm
Hi,

I'd like to programmatically set both the timescale and default duration dependant on the filtered resource. I've set up my resource filtering OK but can't figure out what I need to do to change the timescale and default duration since these seem to be updated within the java in the webviewer rather than within filemaker scripts. Is there a variable I can set followed by running a script to do this?

Thanks for any help

Zoe
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:05 pm
Hi Zoe,

Those are a couple of great feature requests; thank you. I can definitely see that default duration should be calendar specific--or resource specific in your example--but I hadn't envisioned that time-scale should change to match. Makes sense though.

Both of those settings are set via FileMaker...but only when DayBack first opens. And I don't think you want to re-run that upon Opening script when you're just switching sources.

You can probably get at the duration though as that's addressable by adding an auto-enter calc to the event's end time. The now downside here is that the resource-specific duration won't be reflected in the event until you save the event.

Unfortunately, the time scale isn't addressable at all outside the Upon Opening script. But we may be able to change that in future versions, exposing it to manipulation in DayBack's URLs. (I can't give you a date for when that could be done, however.)

I hope that provides some help on the duration end at least. Thanks again for these.

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:22 pm
Thanks for the information John,

It's a shame we can't do it now as we are upgrading from Seedcode Calendar Pro and I added that feature to Calendar Pro as a customisation. I hope the feature arrives soon as we could really do with the speed improvements from Dayback. Maybe if I'd mentioned it on this forum when I did it then this would have been included.

Zoe
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:35 pm
Maybe if I'd mentioned it on this forum when I did it then this would have been included.

Well, we do love hearing about what folks are changing. In that vein, can you let me know what kinds of resources you have that the default durations are so different? I can imagine things, like sales calls vs repair visits, but would prefer not to make assumptions.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:07 am
We have GPs who give 20, 40 or 60 minute appointments defaulting to 20 minutes; Physiotherapists who give 45 minute appointments and consulting room bookings that are in 15 minute increments defaulting to 60 minutes. So we need to be able to switch the timescale increments between 15 minutes and 20 minutes depending on the type of resource.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:31 am
Makes sense =) Using an auto-enter calc on the event duration is your best option right now (that will get you your defaults), but I can see how it would be ideal if the the time scale kept up.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker