Filtering Resources

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:23 am
I have been working on integrating the calendar into an existing system. Everything is going well except Filtering Resources. When the calendar opens, it correctly captures the Resources and displays their Events on the calendar. When I try to filter the Resources, the calendar will display only those Resource selected but it is not displaying their Events.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Cindy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:40 am
Hi Cindy,

Congrats on getting the integration done!

It sounds like the calendar isn't using the right field when it searches for which records match the resource filter. Check the script "Load Calendar Settings - On Startup --- Edit Configuration Here ---" and find the comment "Maps filters to fields".

The SetVariable lines after that comment are where you tell DayBack which of your fields should be filtered on: the third one is the Resource and that calculation may be commented out or may be pointing to a field other than the one containing your matching resource.

The calc should read something like...

Code: Select all
GetFieldName ( SampleEvents::Resource )
 & "¶"  &
GetFieldName ( ToDoList::Resource )

...where "SampleEvents::Resource" is the name of the field in your table that has the value matching your resource filter. "SampleEvents" here would be the name of the table occurrence you used for your Source No 1 layout.

Let me know if that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:53 am
Unfortunately, that didn't help.

When I first load the calendar, all of the Technicians are added along with their appointments.

When I try to filter the list of Technicians, I see the Technicians that I have chosen but none of their appointments appear.

When I use the Omit option to Omit Technicians I don't want to see, I am left with the correct Technicians and their appointments.

Very strange.

Cindy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:23 am
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for following up on this. Since that didn't help, I'm not sure why you are experiencing this, but I'd love to take a closer look!

If you can send a copy of your files to [email protected], we'll be happy to help. If your files zip down to under 15 MB, you can attach them to an email there. If they're larger than that, you can use a free service like http://www.sendbigfiles.com to get them to us.

Looking forward to digging into this for you.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker