"This page can't be displayed"

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:46 am
I get a blank calendar with this message on some PC's. It never seems to happen on a Mac and does not occur on every PC.

"This page can't be displayed"
• Make sure that the web address http://&refresh=true&trigger=63589686969 is correct.
• Look for the page with your search engine
• Refresh the page in a few minutes

Any ideas? - this is a fairly new integration that has not been fully commissioned yet.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:15 am
Hi Anatole,

Thanks for letting us know about this. The first thing I would check is the version of Internet Explorer on the PCs where DayBack will not load. DayBack requires Internet Explorer 10 or greater on Windows and Safari 5.1 or later on MacOSX (see all system requirements here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... quirements).

Are these PCs running IE 10 or higher?

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:23 am
Thanks for your quick response Dan.

Explorer? - these PCs are just using Filemaker. Not accessing the calendar through WebDirect. The PC I am using never runs Explorer although it does have a copy of 11.0.9600 on it - and it displays this problem.

I am accessing using full access privileges on Filemaker 13.0.v4 on a remote network. The rest of the database performs perfectly.

Once I have this message, if I select layout mode and go back to the calendar Home and click on Calendar button, it gives me a different message. It tells me that my trial has expired! This all works perfectly on two Macs sitting about 2 feet away on the same network, but suffers this problem on a number roof my clients PCs (but not all).
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:09 pm
Hi Anatole,

Thank you for the followup. The web viewer layout object in FileMaker Pro (which DayBack uses to display the calendar) does depend on the the Operating System's web browser. If the operating system is running an older version of the browser, then the web viewer will not be able to run DayBack within FileMaker's web viewer.

Since one of your PCs is running IE 11, then this shouldn't be the issue. I'd love to take a closer look at your files to try to troubleshoot this for you. Can you reach out to us directly at [email protected] with a copy of your files? If your files zip down to under 15 MB, you can attach them in an email there. If they're larger than that, you can use a free service like http://www.sendbigfiles.com .

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:18 am
Thank you Dan - I'll contact you directly by email.
Kind regards, Anatole

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker