Dragging Event Loses Data

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:28 am
I use the Project ID field to tie the Event on the Calendar to a job in our FM system. If we drag the Event from one Technician to another, it loses the data in the Project ID field. Where does this happen so I can make sure the data doesn't get deleted?

Thanks!

Cindy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:26 am
Hi Cindy,

That's not happening on my copy: I wonder if you have an auto-enter calc on the project ID field?

If the project ID field isn't mapped on your Source No 1 layout in DayBack, then DayBack has no access to edit it. It it IS mapped, can you let me know more about the field--where it's mapped to and what auto-enter there is there... if any?

Thanks!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:22 am
John

I should have been more specific. The field that I am having issues with is id_Project. This field is not on the Source No 1 layout and is not mapped to anything.

I did not change this field to a calc but I did change it from a Text field to a Number field.

Any suggestions?

Cindy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:47 am
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the additional info. To confirm, your id_Project field is *not* on your Source No layout? This would likely be mapped on the final tab labeled "Gantt". If it is not mapped on any tabs on the layout, then DayBack should not have any access to edit it.

If it is mapped on the layout, but it is *not* mapped to sc_projectID in the DBk_WebViewerSource field in your Event table, then the field would definitely be overwritten by an incorrect or empty value. Let me know if that helps! If not, I'd be happy to take a closer look at a copy of your files; just email us directly at [email protected] and we'll make a plan.

Thanks again,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker