Easy way to switch calendar views.

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:05 am
Hello There,

I am controlling Seedcode Dayback from another filemaker application. I am looking for an easy way to control Dayback and request the display of a specific calendar view. Ideally, I need to be able to specify...
- Left tab visible or not
- Start date = xx/xx/xxxx
- View = Month/Week/Resources/ ...
So far, I have not found much info about this in the documentation. Maybe a sample script would help!
Thank you in advance,
Pedro
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:19 am
Hi Pedro,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. Yes, you can script setting the start date (focus date) and calendar view, although whether the left sidebar is visible can only be set when the "Upon Opening" script runs.

At this link, you'll find info on how to navigate the calendar to a specific date and/or view:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... Navigation

For the calendar sidebar, if you need to open/close it after the calendar is already open, you can do so, but it requires running the "Upon Opening" script again. You can set a global variable like $$SidebarOpen to True or False, and then use that to set the $$sc_DefaultSidebarOpen variable accordingly before running the "Upon Opening" script.

I hope this helps! Keep us posted with any further questions.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:02 am
Hello Dan,

Thanks for pointing me to the right instructions. It works fine as you described it.
Another add-on question related to resource views...
Can you also specify how many resources over how many days?
- ResourceNbr = n
- DisplayDays = m

This would allow my users to get immediately to the best possible way to view the data... even if they can customise it afterwards!

Thank you,
Pedro!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:48 am
Sure thing, Pedro!

Yes, default settings for these the number of Resources and the number of resource Days shown can be set in the "Load Calendar Settings - on Startup", along with many other default settings. Find and edit the Set Variable steps for $$sc_ResourceColumns and $$sc_ResourceDays, around lines 73 and 75. After making the changes, run the "Upon Opening" script or close and reopen the file to see the changes take effect. Let me know if that works for you.

All the best,
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:46 pm
Hello,
I've have a similiar question about resource views.
I've defined 20 resources and 7 display days in "Load Calendar Settings - on Startup" script. All works fine.
But I want change the number of viewed days from navigation script when user arrive to "Resource Sched Vert". Sometimes I need to show 3 or 4 resources in 7 days view and sometimes 20 resources in 1 day view.
I know, normally you can change this through "Resource" button, but the correct way in our context is change this parameter in a transparent way from user point of view.
In example, if you want to see general state of today resources you must press one button and arrive to the 20 resources and 1 day view (Image#1). In other hand, if you want change an appointment you must press button in this appointment and arrive to 3 resources and 7 days view (Image#2). In this case the resource numbers can be variable from 1 to 5.
I want use this system in other ways but if you can help me with this example that can be the best start point.
Can you help me please?
Image#1
recursos x 20 dias x 1.jpg
resources20_days1
recursos x 20 dias x 1.jpg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 15382 times

Image#2
recursos x 3 dias x 7.jpg
resources3_days7
recursos x 3 dias x 7.jpg (92.68 KiB) Viewed 15382 times

Thank's in advance
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:37 am
Love those screenshots, Angel! Thanks for those.

This feature is definitely on our radar--an in our plans--but currently, the only way to change the number of days/resources is to use the drop-down menu OR set the values in the configuration script and then call Upon Opening again. I know that, instead, you need to be able to change these settings with your own scripts.

I can't give you a date for when we'll get that in the product, but I know it's needed.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:25 am
Thank you for your answer John.
I'm waiting for this update.
I've work a lot for an integration with our actual solution and I've resolved with "week" mode. You know... if I want show only one resource and 7 days this is a good option, but if I want consider the occupation of other resources (persons) for an appointment this is a necessary scriptable option. In other way we want see in a large TV (monitor, you know) the actual day calendar for 20 resources like "Today job panel". In other words, in some computers 20 resources x 1 day, anothers with 3 resources (little bit variable) x 7 days and anothers with 1 resource x 7 days.
Thank's again and best regards.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:53 am
I hear you Angel.

One way to get closer in the meantime would be to branch these settings in the "Load Calendar Settings..." script so that the defaults were set differently for different users or different computers. For example, this is how some of our customers configure the days / resources for large unattended displays.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:34 pm
Ok,

Thank's again...

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker