Always show $$sc_ResourceShortNames

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:21 am
I really love the DayBack Calender! It will improve our solution a lot!

Is there any way to always display $$sc_ResourceShortNames? Instead of the standard solution where $sc_Resources are display if isn´t to crowded.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:37 pm
Glad to hear DayBack will be a great fit for you! Thanks for reaching out here.

To confirm, you only want to show ResourceShortNames instead of the full resource names, correct? You could load the same list that you use in $$sc_ResourceShortNames into the $sc_Resources variable. That way, only the short names would appear on the calendar. However, this would require using a field in your source table that contains only the short name, instead of a field containing the full name, mapping this field on your Source No layout and in your DBk_WebViewerSource field. Let me know if that might work for you!

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:22 pm
Thanks for quick answer!
The problem is that the full name ($sc_Resources) is the uniq ID. And the ID is that value that need to be change in order to change resource. So i thought it will be a easy solution if i should put the more human readable text in the short version and then always show that for the user.

I have seen a article about load $sc_Resources with text and then within the "Create Edit Delete Event" script translate the data to the corresponding ID - i think i will try that solution if it isn´t an option to only show ShortNames.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 pm
Ah, I see. Thank you for this feedback. What you've described from the article is definitely the route you'll want to take: use the Resource name to find the corresponding ID, and then update the ID field in your events table. Keep us posted with any other questions on this.

Thanks again!

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker