Modifying sidebar month calendar display

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:35 am
Is it possible to change the display of the left side-bar calendars? I'd like to have it display only a single month instead of 3.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:25 pm
Thanks for reaching out to us this.

While many customizations can be made by editing DayBack's CSS themes, it actually isn't possible to hide the previous or next month from the mini-calendar without also hiding the current month's mini calendar. Are there any other changes you'd hope to make to the mini-calendars?

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:20 pm
Looking to use the mini-calendar in a dashboard layout with just the current month visible. Would still want the arrows to flip back and forth. Will probably want to change the layout somewhat too. That's all CSS editing for the webviewer I'm assuming.

Thinking about it more - a portable, mini-calendar that can be copied and pasted onto layouts as necessary. That one may be asking too much.

Client saw an app called Tasky (OS X) and asked if I could replicate the layout in FileMaker.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:06 am
This is a great thought, but the mini-calendars in DayBack are really tied to the DayBack calendar interface. It would not be possible to grab just the mini-calendar and repurpose it for use on other layouts.

However, you might be interested in NinjaCal, which really does accomplish exactly what you are describing. More on NinjaCal at the link below. It doesn't look like Proof Group is offering NinjaCal for purchase directly on their site, but this page does have a link to contact them for more info.

http://proofgroup.com/ninjacal

Hope that helps,
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:15 pm
I remember Ninjacal from way back. Will check it out again. Thanks for the relies.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker