DayBack Online - requirements, licensing, alternatives?

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:43 pm
I am a DayBack (v9.81 / current) subscriber, single user license.

I've read through the DayBack Online product info & details, would like some clarifications:

• It appears that Filemaker Server 12 or later is required for any form of web publishing for DayBack Online -- is that correct?

• Is the minimum user-license increment 5 users? What if I only need 2 users, or even just 1 user?

• If DayBack Online won't work for me due to Server / license cost, are there any manual work-arounds you might suggest so I can just get static versions of my calendars published to some kind of local-only in-house web server? I just need to share dates with 1 assistant.

Thank you.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:44 pm
Hello again! Thanks for asking about DayBack Online here.

DayBack Online does require FileMaker Server 12 or higher. If you don't have FileMaker Server, there really aren't any options to share your event data as published calendars. You could potentially export your event data in ical format (a customization of itself), which your assistant could import into their calendar. However, this couldn't be set up as an automated process; you'd need to export events and your assistant import them in order for those to appear in their calendar.

If you are able to get up and running with FileMaker Server, you would not need to purchase a minimum of 5 users. After adding a number of users to your cart, you can change that number to one or two users, and the price is still $8 per user per month. Hope that helps evaluate options moving forward.

Keep us posted with any other questions!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:33 pm
DanW wrote:Hello again! Thanks for asking about DayBack Online here.
DayBack Online does require FileMaker Server 12 or higher... ....After adding a number of users to your cart, you can change that number to one or two users, and the price is still $8 per user per month.

Thanks for the clarifications. For my purposes it looks like using a 3rd-party free FMP mini-solution that transforms one or a group of calendar-event records into an .ics-format file for Apple's Calendar.app will suffice for the time being. --> https://hbase.net/2014/05/16/exporting- ... er-pro-13/
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:45 am
Sounds good. Thanks for letting us know. Glad you found a solution that should work for you!

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker