Calendar Events Disappearing / Not Showing

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:03 pm
Hi,

I'm in the middle of setting up Dayback with a new project I'm constructing.

Long story short, I follow the steps for setting up a Linked Database. To make it simple, I even copied the "SampleEvents" Table into my own database to use.

In the relationships graph, as soon as I set it to use the Table in my linked database, the events disappear off the Calendar.

However....
1) If I change to "Event List" in Dayback... I can see and edit all the events.
2) If I create a new event on the calendar, it will appear in my projects database.
3) All the events are appearing in Source No 1 as well.

Everything is working, except viewing them on the calendar.

I've even tried downloading a new trial Dayback file from your website.

Thoughts / Suggestions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:19 pm
Hey there,

The most common reason events aren't showing up is that the calc fields you added to your table (the "Table in my linked database") are commented out: that is the begin with /* and end with */

I'd check that out.

If events are being created successfully from within the calendar,but then aren't showing in the calendar, it means the field mapping on the Source No 1 layout is working, but the mapping in your table's calc fields is different somehow (likely commented out).

More detail on this suggestion, and other reasons it may not be showing, are here under "What's Wrong?" http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... leshooting

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:40 pm
That would do it!

I didn't comment those out, and I pulled that entire table directly from the DayBack FM File...

Does your script automatically comment them out at some point? Or does filemaker when importing if some fields don't match?

Maybe part of the startup script checking to see if those scripts commented out would help a few people like me avoid that issue. (Since your Database seems to do an amazing job of checking for almost every other type of error! =)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:40 am
> Or does filemaker when importing if some fields don't match?

That's right. When you paste in scripts or field definitions, FileMaker will comment out anything it can't match by name. It also writes this to an import log (in the same location as the file you're importing into, or the same location as your FileMaker app if you're working on Server) which can be a cool thing to review as you're dong work like this: there is an error column that will read 0 for your imports unless FileMaker comments something out.

We often keep it open and review as we're working.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker