Status Filter

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:28 am
I've modified Dayback to use Staff ID instead of Status to filter the calendar and apply color to events. My problem is that I want to use a different field to apply color from the field I want to filter.

Staff ID is a checkbox on the event. Multiple IDs can be assigned to an event. I have created a calculation field that chooses the correct Staff ID as the Primary ID for events that have multiple members selected. This causes the colors to work the way I want. But for filtering, I want to view all events that have that ID selected.

Currently the colors are working correctly, but the filter only uses the Primary ID. Do you have any suggestions on how I can do this the way I want? My way worked fine in Seed Code...

Thanks!!

Rusty
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 am
Hi Rusty,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. What you have found regarding the Status filter is correct. If a field containing multiple values is set up as the "status' field for the calendar source in DayBack, then only the *first* value will color the event and respond to the status filtering when toggling statuses.

However, you can still achieve your expected filtering behavior by adding a custom advanced filter, instead of using the calendar's built-in status filtering. For example, DayBack's advanced filter for "Resource" works in the way you'd expect: filtering for one resource will show all events where that resource is assigned as any one of an event's resources. These filters can even be placed directly on the calendar layout for quick access to those filters.

For more on setting up these advanced filters, see the "Can I add a new filter?" section at this link: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... er.Filters

Let me know if that helps!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:02 am
Thank you this solved my problem.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker