Query Events from Webviewer

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:21 am
I am having an issue when I have opened an event from a layout other than the Calendar. (I'm using a modified Event Detail layout from Seed Code Calendar Pro). When I click the close & refresh calendar button, I call the script "Close Event Window & Refresh Calendar". My problem is that it will end up at the Calendar layout (which is in a separate window in my version) and attempt to refresh which causes the calendar to go blank. If I click the refresh button at this point the calendar refreshes correctly.

I was hoping to see the parameters that you use but can't open buttons on this layout as it is a web viewer. Do you mind sharing the calculations or variables you use for the parameters when clicking that Refresh button?

Thanks!!

Rusty
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:14 pm
Hi Rusty,

Thanks for reaching out here on this. It sounds like you'd rather not go to the calendar window after clicking the Close & Refresh button *if* you've opened the event from a layout other than the calendar. Is that correct?

If so, one way to manage this would be to set a global variable, like $$NoCalendarRefresh, with a value of 1. Then, add another "Close" button, hidden when $$NoCalendarRefresh = 1, which closes your window and clears this variable (and performs any other actions you'd like for the case of opening the Event window from another layout).

If you *would* like to close and refresh the calendar no matter how you first open that Event window, we should be able to get that working as well. I think the calendar doesn't refresh properly because the source's settings haven't been loaded unless you navigate to event layout from the calendar, but we can make load those settings if needed.

Also, you can trigger that Refresh button action by calling the "Refresh Calendar" script -- this fully refreshes the data that appears on the calendar.

Let me know if this helps!

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker