Add "+" button to WebViewer Calendar [ie: 2nd Create Event]

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:32 am
The online documentation states:
The calendar does, however, have an API that will let you make your own "+" button to create events in any source you want. You can use this to make a "new todo" button, for example. You'd do this by calling the script "Create Edit Delete Event ( SourceNo )..."

Read the comments at the head of that script to learn more about how to use it to make new events.

----------------------------
I understand how to add a "new todo" button for a FileMaker layout; how do I add another "+" button the the webviewer? The current "+" button adds a new record to my default source; I'd like a second "+" button to add a new record to a secondary source.

Is that possible?

Thanks!
Colleen
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 am
Hi Colleen,

Thanks for reaching out here. You've got this right on: you can add a "new todo" FileMaker button, but it isn't possible to add another plus button to the web viewer for creating events in another source. However, some things to note:

- You *can* add a FileMaker button (or other FileMaker objects) to the calendar layout next to (or above or below) the calendar web viewer. To do this, you'll need to move/resize the webviewer to make room for the button, since other objects cannot overlay the web viewer.

- Using the new event button on the calendar, there are different ways you can determine which source the new event will be created in based on the default source for new events and the currently active sources. (I'm sure you've already seen this at the doc you referenced, but wanted to include it here in case it's helpful http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... eateEvents).

- If you use DayBack's event popover for viewing/editing events, you'll have the option to select the source you'd like to create a new event in under the "Calendar" field on the popover. Once the event is created, though, you can't change the source it is in.

I hope this helps! Keep us posted with any questions.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker