Adding Status filtering in my own FileMaker sidebar?

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:22 am
Hi!

You posted a lot of very good and interesting articles regarding the way to filter on resources and misc. fields from our own Sidebar (to circumvent some limitations from the Webviewer sidebar). Thanks! However I can't figure out how to add Status field in my own FileMaker portal. It is necessary since I want to hide the Webviewer Sidebar and I still need this important Status field.

For resources the filtering is simple and is hooked to the global variable $$sc_ResourceList but what about Status? There is no $$sc_StatusList. I'm a bit confused...

Thanks again for your precious help!

Denis
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:27 am
Denis,

I'm glad you've found our posts useful.

In the "Load Calendar Settings - On Startup..." script, we've mapped the variable "$$sc_FilterField[2]" to SampleEvents::Status by default. You can see this under the "#Maps filters to fields" section. If you verify this is being mapped to your event status field, you can then populate the CalendarInterface::FilterGlob_2 global field with a value (or list of values) to filter for status in your own FileMaker portal.

I hope that works out for you.

-KC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:51 am
Hello KC,

Thanks for this info. It makes sense and is on par to the way you are filtering Resources based this time on CalendarInterface::FilterGlob_3 field. However I'm curious to know why the $$sc_ResourceList global variable is used (and is related) by the Resources Filtering mechanism but nothing similar is made with Status (No global variables seems to be used).

Denis
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:31 pm
Good question, Denis.

The $$sc_ResourceList variable and other resource global variables are mainly used to load the resource values in the calendar. Statuses, on the other hand, are gathered from the CalendarColors table, so there's no need for global variables there. Just populate that filter field (and apply the filters to the calendar) and you'll be filtering the calendar by status.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker