Adding Sources filtering in my own FileMaker sidebar?

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:08 pm
Hello again!

The final touch to my Sidebar is to incorporate the sources list (I have 6 sources) and this is the only thing I have to do before I can hide the web viewer sidebar. How can do this?

Denis
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:30 am
Hi Denis,

That's great to hear your custom sidebar is almost complete. This last part is a little tricky -- more than we could fully describe here. In short, we can't toggle on/off sources in DayBack via a script, but we can customize the Event Find script to find the sources we want.

There are different ways you might track which sources are active in your sidebar, but in the end, you'll want to set the $$sc_SourcesActive variable to the list of your active source numbers. In the Event Find script, add the Set Variable step just after the $assign_parameters Set Variable step.

Let me know if that helps!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:08 pm
Hello Dan,

I just want to share with everybody what I did to add a custom Sidebar reflecting what my user really needs. You and KC were very helpful by giving me some hints in order to incorporate different filters. Here is a list of some topics regarding this Sidebar :

• No tabs! Everything in one place
  • It's easy to navigate from year-to-year and directly to a month with the mini-calendar
  • The search text looks to the whole content of any event
  • The calendar may be refresh automatically (as soon a filter is set) to get a fresh look of the calendar more rapidly
  • Color coding of Calendars and Status near each selection

It should be note however that the calendar is not refreshed as rapidly than your solution. Since the filtering mechanism is, from my understanding, executed in the webviewer, your solution is the best one. Also the auto-refresh mechanism may takes time with slow internet connection on WAN.

Nothing's perfect but it fits what my user wants!

Hope it may helps someone,

Denis
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-11-27 à 15.42.24.png
Capture d’écran 2016-11-27 à 15.42.24.png (121.55 KiB) Viewed 8853 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:04 pm
Denis,

I love how this turned out! Thanks so much for sharing it!!

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker