Events Not Showing When Using Windows

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 am
Hello!

We have been using Dayback for nearly a year and everything is going great on our Mac machines, but we have a few users that use windows to access the file and they are not able to see any of the events on the calendar. The page loads to show the calendar, but no events populate and the 'Home' button at the top does not navigate back to our main menu. The other buttons work that let us switch the view and navigate dates, but that is it.

Are there any particular settings or updates that I can do to fix this? I am currently running on version 9.92.

Thanks!
Nick
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:53 pm
Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this issue.

It sounds like this could be related to non-functioning FMP URL links on those machines. Are there multiple versions of FileMaker installed on them?

We have documentation of FMP URL issues and options for fixing at the top our troubleshooting documentation located here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=DayBackForFileMaker.Troubleshooting

In Windows, it's easiest to run a repair or re-install the version of FileMaker you intend on using with DayBack.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:13 pm
That did the trick! I had to remove the old versions and everything loaded correctly after that.

On a related note, I have an issue with events not populating when trying to print the calendar using the Windows version of FMP. I created a script per your suggested post that enlarges the view and copies it into a printable layout, however the events are not re-populating in the expanded view so I only get a blank calendar when the pdf saves. I have tried increasing the time the script pauses to allow the events to populate the calendar, but that did not have an effect. Let me know if you have any thoughts about what might be causing this.

Thanks!
Nick
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:48 pm
Hi Nick,

Great to hear that worked!

Which script are you using to navigate to your print view?

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:41 pm
I am using a script I created similar to the one you have posted here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4127&p=11210#p11210

I also attached a screenshot of my script. I am only having this issue on Windows computers; the script works just fine on Mac.
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 3.34.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 3.34.32 PM.png (80.02 KiB) Viewed 9576 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:07 pm
Hi Nick,

I went ahead and re-created that script in a stock copy of DayBack and am seeing the events print to PDF just fine.

We'll have to work this issue with your file in our existing case.

Thanks,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker