adding phase ID to drag-duplicate parameters

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:53 am
A quick one I hope, I notice that the phase id is not included in the $eventdata variable and see no way I can add it. I would really like this to be included - can I add it somehow?

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:07 am
Great question, Tim.

This data is passed in from the WebViewer. Since we're not currently doing anything with phase in the calendar, there's no reason it would have changed, which is why we're not passing it into the "Submit Event from WebViewer" script.

If you'd like to retrieve the phase id during this script, you'll have to query the event record using its ID that is passed into the script. You might want to add on to the "Create Edit Delete Event..." script as this is where we're navigating to the layout in a hidden window to modify the event.

Hope that helps.

-KC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:50 am
Thanks KC,

tried that but the event id is not passed with a drag-duplicate. I cannot use any combination of other keys because they may not be be unique.
I see why the event data is not passed - no event id in the 'Create Edit Delete Event...' script triggers the 'create' part.

Can you add the inclusion of phase id to the data passed into the 'Submit event from Webviewer; script please - along with an option ($$ variable controlled) to not show the Event Detail Window when using a layout for editing events

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm
Thanks, Tim.

I see what you're talking about and, you're right, the Event ID is not passed in when an event is dragged to duplicate.

I'll create a feature-request for passing the phase id as a parameter from the web view and one for not showing the event detail window when creating events. Unfortunately, I don't know when we will be able to implement these features.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker