Error in 9.97- Creating Two Records

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 pm
Hello!

I just updated to 9.97 this weekend, and now when we try to create an event in the calendar view it is creating two records at one time. This is causing the detect conflict pop-up to appear because the two newly created records are conflicting with each other; same resource/room, time and date. This issue only occurs when creating an event from within the calendar, not if I create a new record from a different layout.

I upgraded from 9.92 to this version, and I am pretty sure I made all the necessary script changes, so I would appreciate any input on where I might be able to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!
Nick
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:59 pm
Hi Nick,

The "Submit Event From WebViewer" script should only be called once from the calendar when a record is submitted. From there, it will call the "Create Edit Delete Event.." script. It might be a good idea try creating an event with the script debugger on and see if that script is being run twice. If it is, you might be able to pinpoint where in the scripts this is happening.

If you have trouble finding the issue, I'll create a case in our system so you can send your files over and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:30 pm
Unfortunately I do not have FMP Advanced so I don't have the Script Debugger available to me. I did not make any changes to the scripts you mention, and I did not see anything wrong when initially looking over them (though I am not sure I would find the problem by just looking over it). I would appreciate it if you could put in a case and look at our file.

Thanks!
Nick

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker