Trouble with "New Event" Button on calendar since 9.97

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:09 pm
Hi John and Team!

We have been using DayBack Calendar with our electronic medical record (EMR) for a couple of years. It's linked (not embedded). We had been using version 9.92 until today with no problems. Today, I updated to 9.97, and followed the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4349. After that, we were unable to create a new event from the calendar. When I clicked the green "+" button, a new event appeared, titled "New Event," but I was unable to edit it, and it disappeared as soon as I refreshed.

Until today, with 9.92 and all previous versions, clicking the green "+" button would open a new event mini-window from our database (EMR) file. Clicking that green "+" button appeared to launch the script "Show Event Details from Webviewer" - and we had modified that script so that it created the new event in our EMR.

But now (with 9.97) it appears that clicking the green "+" button launches a different script, "Submit Event from Webviewer."

Reviewing that script, it looked like the problem might reside in the "Create Edit Delete Event ( SourceNo, Operation ) { Hide, DateStart , DateEnd , TimeStart ... }" script.

So I made one modification to that script: I disabled the following "If" statement: "IF [$sc_Hide ≠ "Yes"].

Now everything seems to work ok...but I'm not sure why :).

So...I'm hoping you can help me understand if this is a stable solution to the problem. Thanks in advance!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:01 am
Hey Jim,

Changing that (IF) statement effectively says... "regardless of my actual settings, when I make a new event, do so using a FileMaker layout that is on screen, as opposed to a hidden one." Since that's what you want to happen that's OK.

But I think we'd like to figure out what broke in that update so hang tight and let me look into this a bit.

Thanks!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:04 pm
Hey Jim,

Thanks for your patience here. I'd suggest putting that IF() statement back the way it was and addressing this a little differently. When changed in the descriptions that follow this will let you still have sources you can edit in DayBack's layouts/popovers down the road.

Turns out we need to make changes to both "Show Event Details from Webviewer" (for viewing) and "Submit Event from Webviewer" (for creating). I've updated the docs to reflect the and you'll find those descriptions here under "What if the layout I want to use is in my own file, and I've just linked DayBack instead of embedding it?"

=)

Thanks so much for catching this. We made this change intentionally in version 9.97 but didn't realize it would effect people who were using their own layouts in linked integrations.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker