Navigating in Gantt Chart

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:49 pm
Hi KC,

I am wondering what the best option is to change the navigation within the Gantt Chart, as I don't want it to always move 20 weeks (if I am in the 20 weeks display) forward or backward when I click the arrows next to Today, I want it to move just one week.

Actually it would even better to have a option to select how many weeks I want to move forward or backwards.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:06 am
Hi Regine,

That's a great question. Unfortunately, we don't have a way of specifying the time range the navigation arrows move your calendar forward and backward, but I've created a feature-request for it.

You can, however, create your own FileMaker objects in the Calendar layout around the WebViewer object that use the "Refresh Calendar" script to navigate to a custom date.

Here's what you could add to a single step on a button to navigate the calendar forward 7 days:

Perform Script ["Refresh Calendar"; Parameter: #("sc_FocusDate" ; GetAsDate( GetAsTimestamp( $$sc_DateRangeStartAutoGlobNum ) ) + 7 )]

You can modify the "+ 7" to add or subtract a number of days you'd like to move the calendar forward or backward.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:14 pm
Hi KC,

Thanks for the suggestion. That works great.

I just created two scripts with one forward by 7 days and one backward by 7 days and keep them available in the Scripts menu, so I don't have to add another button or anything.

Thanks so much.

Kind regards

Regine

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker