Repeating events including new fields...

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:37 pm
Hi,
I've just followed the video tutorial where the Calendar popover is skipped and an Event window appears instead. This works fine so I added a new field to the layout but have found that this value is ignored when creating 'repeated' events.

Suggestions on how to copy and repeat this new field value would be great.
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:27 pm
Hi Brian, Can you give us a little more info on what you're doing? The repeating events function istelf uses "Duplicate Record" so your new field would get carried into duplicated records even if it wasn't on the layout. Are you doing something else like optoin-draging the event to create a copy?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:20 am
Hi John,
I have a drop-down field on the layout, which has 3 custom values. This field is located in the "TickSheet" table and the layout is based on the same table.

The default value for this field is "Delta 19" (set for all new records, could this be the issue?)

When I'm in the Event viewer, I change the default value to "India 25" then hit the Repeat button. After following the process to make some repeated records, I find the new records show "Delta 19" in the field.

Many thanks
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:08 am
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the details. I just tested this in a stock copy of DayBack and the new field value seems to be copied over into the repeated events.

One thing I am not doing is setting a default value. What method are you using to set "Delta 19" as the default for the records?

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 pm
Hi KC,
New records have the 'Auto-Enter' option set to "Delta 19".

Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 pm
Hi Brian,

Since I'm not able to replicate this issue in stock DayBack, I'll be reaching out to you via email to get a copy of your files so we can take a look.

Thanks,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker