Custom Panel for DayBack Calendar

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:46 am
I created a layout with my customization to a new layout with the calendar webviewer moved to the right. Let's call this 'CustomLayout2'.
(I saw this modification in a video which I can not locate now)

Let's call the original Dayback calendar layout, webviewer only, 'DayBackLayout'

I would like to capture the $$sc_mode while on the 'DayBackLayout' as user is moving to the 'CustomLayout2'. User can then return to the same calendar tab when returning to the 'DayBackLayout'. I am stepping through the scripts and do not see how to set $$sc_mode. I have read the Navigation support page.

If creating 2 layouts is not optimal I could look into adding a slider on the left side of the 'DayBackLayout', thus stay on the one single layout and no long need to caputre the $$sc_mode

TIA
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:45 am
HI Clark,

When I create two layouts as you've described they share the same mode/view. So if I change to the week view on "Calendar" and then manually move to the layout "Calendar Copy", it's also on week view. If this isn't happening on your layouts, perhaps you're on Windows where the web viewer can't store "state" the same way?

In any event, the $$sc_Mode variable is a one-way token: you can use it to tell DayBack what to do (as described here), but it doesn't tell you what DayBack has done.

I think the best solution would be to switch to one layout as you suggest, possibly showing your customization in a card window (if you're using FileMaker 16). Card windows are the only structure that can cover a webviewer on both Mac and Windows.

I hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am
I develop on a Mac and everything was doing as I designed, they requested and working as expected. My clients has Mac and Windows. The windows computers are having the issue of always bouncing to the default calendar. I was not aware that Windows could not save 'state'. Not the first time I have been bit on something like this.

They are not on FMP 16 yet. In midst of upgrading to 15.0.3. I will put the Card window into the bag of techniques when they get there.

I'll figure out a different design to try and accomplish the feature they are asking me to implement.

Thanks for info.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:24 am
Sounds good, Clark. Thanks.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker