Close popover after custom action script?

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:51 pm
Hi,

Is there a way to close an events popover after the completion of a custom action script? I've tried refreshing the event (or the whole calendar for that matter) and the popover stays open.

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:24 pm
Hi Trevor,
We currently don't have a built in method for closing an event popover from FileMaker scripts. I can submit this as a feature request. Mind letting us know a bit more about the use case? Is this to save your users an extra click to close the popover or does the custom action do something that you need to the popover to close for?

Thanks,

Tanner
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:02 pm
Hi Tanner,

Thanks for the +1 feature request.

The calendar I'm working on implementing schedules technicians to service locations. We have a custom action to be able to add travel time to the beginning of a work order. (All the smarts is done with existing Google API's we currently have in the application).

I'm implementing the travel time as a separate calendar. Same table of data (the work order), but separate fields for the travel start/stop fields.

When the "Add Travel Time" custom action is clicked, it runs the Google API to get the travel time for the selected tech(s) to the service location and adds the travel event to the calendar. I then have to refresh the entire calendar to get it to appear. The popover stays on the screen throughout the entire refresh and doesn't close. I would like it to close to show "completion" of adding the travel time event and not be the main focus to the user since they've completed that process.

It would be optional of course for the developer to close the popover (or maybe even just the custom action tray) , because I could see other use cases where keeping it open might be preferred as well.

A few screen captures of some test data...
2017-07-31_21-48-11.png
2017-07-31_21-48-11.png (125.36 KiB) Viewed 9122 times

2017-07-31_21-49-37.png
2017-07-31_21-49-37.png (92.79 KiB) Viewed 9122 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 am
Trevor,
Thanks for clarifying your use case. Really great use of Custom Actions, very cool! I will bring this feature request up to the team and see if we can get it implemented sooner rather than later. I think your feature would make for some great blog post material too. Let me know if you would be interested in doing something like that. I think it would be great to show off what your are doing.

Thanks,
Tanner
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:05 am
Hey Tanner,

Thanks for the kudos! We have some work to do to get this project further along, but we'll get in touch with you guys about a demo to show you what we've done and see what you think. :)

Thanks!
Trevor

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker