Event pop-up stays open on win, closes on mac

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 am
Hello again,

On mac, when you click an event, the pop-up is displayed until you click another event, or on an empty area on the calendar, which then closes the previously opened pop-up.

On windows, the pop-up stays open even when you open another pop-up for a different event. The only way to close a pop-up on windows is to click the "save and close" button on the pop-up. On windows its possible to have many, many pop-ups open at once.

Is it possible to have the pop-up behave the same on windows as it does on the mac? -- which is to close the already opened pop-up when another event pop-up is clicked (or when an empty space is clicked)?

Thanks!
Trevor Gildersleeve
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm
Thanks for the heads up, Trevor,

We became aware of this bug just a couple weeks ago. It’s in our current sprint, but we don’t yet have a release date we can share.

I'll be sure to add you to the bug case so you can be notified as soon as we've released a fix.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:29 pm
Great! Thanks KC.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 am
Hi Trevor,

We've just released an update to DayBack, build 10.11, that addresses this bug. If you're running version 10.09 or later, there are no script updates and you can just backup your file, then run the in-app updates to apply the fix.

If you're running an earlier version you'll want to make sure to apply all the necessary script updates from the version you're currently on to the latest as noted in our version history page here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=DayBackForFileMaker.VersionHistory

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 am
Fantastic! Thanks for the quick response on this request.

-Trevor

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker