Multiple Contact selection

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:26 pm
I am working on a solution for a cattery (loving the Pivot List for this). When adding the booking I want to be able to search for a pet name and show that cat and other cats in the household, and then select more than 1 cat to add to the booking.
The Unit they will occupy is the Resource, the Cats are the Contacts

I can show the other cats in the family ok, but cannot select more than 1 cat. It is possible to multi-select Resources, is there any way this can be applied to Contacts as well as Resources?

I have done a workaround in the past for another client, but that required you to know the ID and using a custom action. This would be really clumsy for a 'family' of 4 cats booking 1 unit.

Is there any way I can achieve this using the event popover?

As an aside it would be great if I could also automatically add the cats from a global variable when creating a new event (using the event popover)!

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 am
Hi Tim,

You can select multiple resources in the selector by holding the shift button and clicking the resources you'd like to select.

Since the contacts are saved as an index pointing to your related contacts table, only one contact value can be saved at a time. One option for this would be to use an additional field in the popover for your contacts and set them up as a list of text values, similar to the resources. More info on additional fields can be found in our documentation here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... onalFields

I've made a quick video going over this which you can view here: https://seedcodevideos.s3.amazonaws.com ... 2-2017.mp4

Hope that helps!

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:01 pm
Thanks KC,
Yup, sorry 8 wasn’t clear - I knew about multi select resources, I am wanting to do the same with contacts.
I will try adding another field and see if I can achieve what I need.

Thanks for your help

Tim
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:30 am
Ok,

not going to work, going to have to be a card window, it is being deployed to iPad
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 am
Hi Tim,

Sorry that multi-select is not working on the iPad right now. We appreciate you pointing out this bug.

Opening the event in a card window could definitely be a solution for this, but we will be addressing the multi-select iPad issue in a near future release of DayBack. That should give you the option of using the popover with additional fields as you intended.

I'll be sure to let you know when we've released a fix for this bug.

Regards,

KC
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:27 am
Good news, Tim!

The multi-select issue on iPads has been resolved in the latest build of DayBack, 10.15. You can take a look at our version history page to see more details on the new features and bugs fixed here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=DayBackForFileMaker.VersionHistory

If you're on version 10.12 or later, all you'll need to do is apply the in-app updates. If you're on an earlier version, you'll want to follow the instructions to apply the necessary script updates as listed in the version history page.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker