Remove (Hide) Today button, related buttons on the calendar

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 am
Hello!

I would like to remove all navigation buttons ("Today", "Previous month", "Previous day") and "Refresh" button from any view (Month, week, day, ...) of the web calendar. These buttons stand just beneath the date of the current calendar. It is confusing because I have my own FileMaker sidebar at the left of the calendar for all these operations...

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:33 pm
Hi Denis,

You can do this with custom CSS. Here is the link to our docs for custom CSS:

https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... eMaker.CSS

Here is the CSS you will want to use:

.calendar-nav {
display:none ;
}

Let us know if that takes care of it for you, and if you have any other questions!

Cheers!
Ann
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm
Thanks! It is exactly what I want! What are the styles for specific objects? For example if I want to hide navigation buttons but keep "Refresh" button (and move it to the left)?

Do you have a documentation for all the styles not only the most populars?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:51 am
The .calendar-nav class will remove the arrows/today but leave "refresh". =)

We don't have a document that covers all the possible classes, but we do have a way for you to examine the classes yourself (or you can just ask here). Check out the video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Mm3UMHdq4

...that shows how you can examine a demo version of DayBack online to see what the classes are. Here's a live demo you can use for poking around like this: https://www.seedcode.com/dayback-online-demo/

It can be pretty fun to try out your CSS live like this, but don't hesitate to ask here if there is something you can't find. And remember that the CSS for some common modifications can be found here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... eMaker.CSS
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 am
Thanks for the reference I'm going to take a look. I've never taken the time to read a lot about CSS but I think I won't have the choice now!

By the way, the CSS code to hide the .calendar-nav class also removes "refresh" ;-) Try it!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 am
Cool. I'd say you'll enjoy playing with CSS... but many people find it frustrating. I think the constraints are kind of fun.

> By the way, the CSS code to hide the .calendar-nav class also removes "refresh" ;-) Try it!

Right. Sorry about that! I was looking at DayBack Online were these two items are different. I'd suggest removing it all and then adding your own FileMaker button to refresh the calendar: just call the script "Refresh Calendar" without any script parameters. You can move the calendar web viewer down and to the right on your layout to make room for native FileMaker objects above and to the left of it. You can even create whole replacement sidebars, like this: https://www.seedcode.com/custom-sidebar-for-dayback/
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:37 am
>I'd suggest removing it all and then adding your own FileMaker button to refresh the calendar

I implemented my own sidebar before and effectively put a "Refresh" button completely at the bottom of it. But I would also want to keep your own button because it was rightly placed, just beneath the month (in "Month" view).

I understand that it may not be possible to keep it.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:54 am
Cool; would love to see your sidebar some time.

Looking at this again, I assumed the arrows, today, and refresh were wrapped in ONE .calendar-nav class. They're not =) So you can use this to target just the first instances of .calendar-nav, the arrows:

.calendar-nav:nth-child(1) {
display:none ;
}
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:57 am
You've already seen it in my previous post titled "Adding Sources filtering in my own FileMaker sidebar?" (Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:08 pm). The example is in French and I hope you are able to make the correspondence :)

Thanks for your perfect answer. I did look half an hour ago thru the CSS elements using Web Inspector of Safari and was not able to find the element you are giving me. Not easy!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 pm
Oh I remember that now! That's a great looking sidebar...

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4345&p=12134#p12134

...thanks for reminding me! (And thanks again for posting that screenshot).

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker