Selecting Multiple People

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm
I've seen a couple of posts on the forum about the ability to select multiple people for an event. Hadn't seen anything about the most recent version of DayBack indicating that it was possible yet.

Any confirmation on if you can assign multiple people? I know I can assign multiple Resources. That may have to be my workaround.

Alternatively, can Complete do multiple people?

David Zakary
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:30 am
Hi David,

When referring to assigning an event to multiple people, are you referring to the Contacts field?

While the selector in DayBack's built-in popover is not designed to allow multiple selection, the field you have mapped to contact can contain a list of indexes for related contacts. You'll need to use your own FileMaker layout for selecting and assigning multiple contacts, or use your own Event Detail layout entirely.

You'll also need to update the dbk_WebViewerSource field to return all the contact names on one line. The caveat here is that the popover is only able to display the names that fit on one line, so multiples will likely be cut-off in the popover.

A great idea would be to create your multiple-contacts selector, then modify the "Go To Related Record From WebViewer" script to open that new selector, rather than going to an individual contact record. Then, when you're done making changes, you can close the selector layout and run "Close Event Window & Refresh Calendar" to refresh the event popover in DayBack.

And if you think you'd need help with making these changes, we offer implementation packages so we can do some screen-sharing with you, or have you send over the files so we can integrate this customization for you. Packages can be used for consulting, coaching, or modifications like these and start at blocks of 3 hrs for $190/hr. When the time comes, you can use this link and, with a day or two notice, we can schedule some time to work with you:

http://sites.fastspring.com/seedcode/pr ... onpackages

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 am
Thanks for the reply. We're just getting started on this project and the client isn't quite sure of all the business requirements yet. It'll either be Complete or DayBack in the end.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker