Events missing for 1 user

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:41 am
Using Dayback for a client. One user, cannot see events. He is using the same Priv set as everybody else and when I try his machine with my full access account the events are also missing. so its sounding like a computer issue.

If I add a new event, it does display on the calendar until a refresh happens and then it vanishes. No events appear in any of the views - day, month, week. There are plenty of records in the table - using the Sample Events table.

Ive tried adjusting some of the browser security to see if that changes anything - nothing.

Windows 7 Pro, FM 16, FMS 16. This only recently started happening. Calendar is 10.26

Any suggestions on where to look appreciated.

UPDATE
--------
The problem user is NOT writing events to the table. They used to be able to. All other users that have the same Priv set are able to write to the Events table.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am
Hi dzakary,

This sounds like there's likely an issue with the FMP URL protocol on this machine. Are there multiple versions of FileMaker installed on the machine?

The FMP URL protocol can only be assigned to open with one version of FileMaker at a time, so if you have multiple versions installed, you can try running the repair option in the installer of the version you'd like to use to assign it to that version.

Here's more info on the FMP URL schema and how to troubleshoot/repair it: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... ker.FMPURL

Let us know if that helps!

KC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 am
Only a single version of FileMaker. The user did recently update to 16 from 14. I'm not 100% sure if the old version was uninstalled or just deleted from the computer. The FMP URL priv is enabled. Will check the document you provided and update once we've tried it.

Thanks.

DZ

kcembrey wrote:Hi dzakary,

This sounds like there's likely an issue with the FMP URL protocol on this machine. Are there multiple versions of FileMaker installed on the machine?

The FMP URL protocol can only be assigned to open with one version of FileMaker at a time, so if you have multiple versions installed, you can try running the repair option in the installer of the version you'd like to use to assign it to that version.

Here's more info on the FMP URL schema and how to troubleshoot/repair it: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... ker.FMPURL

Let us know if that helps!

KC
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am
Hi dzakary,

In this case, it's likely that FileMaker 14 was removed *after* installing FileMaker 16. When this happens, it removes the system's reference to the FMP URL schema, so there's no application associated with it.

Fixing this should just require re-running the FileMaker 16 installer and choosing the "repair" option.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 am
kcembrey wrote:Hi dzakary,

In this case, it's likely that FileMaker 14 was removed *after* installing FileMaker 16. When this happens, it removes the system's reference to the FMP URL schema, so there's no application associated with it.

Fixing this should just require re-running the FileMaker 16 installer and choosing the "repair" option.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

KC

Running the installer with the Repair option fixed it. Not sure what their IT person did but the problem is now solved. Thanks.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker