View source by FM permissions

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:08 pm
I currently have 3 sources (Appointments, To-Do List, Fabrication) and two groups of users (Operations and Technicians). Operations can see the calendar and do whatever they like. Technicians until recently were not given access to the calendar. Now they need to be given access to the Horizon view and the Fabrication source only. They should not be able to access the other sources but should be able to change the status filters and see the mini calendars. How might I approach this?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:22 pm
Hi Jim,

To hide specific views from the Technicians, you can use an if statement in the "Load Calendar Settings - On Startup..." script around line 62 where we set the "$$sc_HideMenuItems" If the privilege set is the Technicians, specify the views you want to hide from them, if not, don't hide any of the views when setting the $$sc_HideMenuItems variable.

As far as hiding the other two source's events goes, you could prevent their access using FileMaker Access Privileges, or you could do so with a hard-coded filter of the calendar. More details on limiting records a user can see in the calendar can be found in our docs here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... eeMyEvents

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker