DayBack Online error

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:46 pm
Hello - A few DayBack Online remarks.

I succeeded in getting DayBack Online working after considerable effort. The primary obstacles were command line settings to which I didn't have access through the FMP17 Console (because my solution is hosted). Both PHP and XML had to be activated on the host server through the command line. Also something about FTP settings, and a reboot was in there too. Your documentation and troubleshooting help for DayBack Online seems a little scattered - it would be helpful to the FM Pro Server beginner if these (sometimes not directly accessible) required CLI server settings were listed up front, perhaps under the administrative settings.

Now I'm encountering a puzzling problem. My DayBack Online displays the following message - but only when attempting to display events of two, and only two, dates:

"There was an error retrieving FileMaker events: -1 - It appears that we’re connected to the filemaker server but are not able to retrieve data. This is most likely due to an incorrect user name or password."

As of now, I've seen this when DayBack Online has attempted to display events on 2/14/2019 and 2/28/2019.

All other dates (or at least those I've tested) display their events without errors (e.g. the events on 2/13 and 3/1 display without problems),so it seems unlikely that the user name or password is the problem.

My DayBack via FileMaker Pro 17 has no difficulty with these dates.

Here's the kicker: the error appears upon accessing these dates via DayBack Online even when NO events are scheduled!

Any thoughts?

Last problem: Whereas DayBack for FileMaker records the TimeStart and TimeEnd values in my events table in 12:00 hour (non "military", AM/PM) notation, DayBack Online seems to record events in 24 hour ("military") notation.

This makes a difference: I have a script that scans the events of the following day for the purpose of compiling and emailing tomorrow's schedule to each of my users. I sometimes wind up with a listing of event times expressed as a mix of military and non-military (civilian?) notation.

Thank you!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 am
Hi wsmiii,

I'm glad to hear you got DayBack Online up and running. I'll dive into your questions and let you know what I find out.

Thank you,
Ana
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:54 pm
wsmii,

Thank you for your suggestions for our documentation and troubleshooting. I'll share it with the team. The requirement of using the command line to enable PHP and XML features on FileMaker Server was introduced in 17 and is documented on their site, but we might be able to add a link to their documentation from our site.

I've found the answer to your last question about military time. DayBack will attempt to auto-detect your computer's date and time formats automatically. And if you are looking to change the format of the time, here are the documentation you might find helpful: https://docs.dayback.com/article/46-time-formats

I'm still looking into the first issue and I'll get back to you with some ideas for troubleshooting.

Best wishes,
Ana
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:18 pm
wsmiii,

We'll need to set up a screen-share with you to troubleshoot the issue together. We'll be reaching out to them by email.

Best wishes,
Ana

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker