Additional Resources View

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 am
I have a client that would like to have a second resources-style view. Let me try to define where this would be since I have made some customizations to names. This calendar is used in a clinic setting.

I have set up Status to be "Clinicians" since they can easily filter this when checking schedules for an individual clinician. I have also set Resources to be Clinic Locations. As such I have renamed Resources menu to "Clinic Locations". This works just fine.

My client wants me to set up a second Resources-like view that will display Clinicians across the top (or Status, as DayBack has it). Can this be done? I would also like to add that to the menu area in addition to the resources drop down currently there.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:25 am
Hi Jim,

DayBack is only able to use the field mapped to Resource for those views, so the clinicians would also need to be mapped to the Resource field.

If you're using DayBack for FileMaker, you can add your own FileMaker objects to the Calendar layout to filter for resources, or groups of resources, without having to open the "Advanced Filters" menu. Once you've set the associated "FilterGlob_" field, you can apply the filter and refresh the calendar by running the "Apply Filters to WebViewer" script.

And if you'd like to be able to color the events by the Resource field instead of Status field, you could either map the same field to the Status field, which will allow you to treat them as both status and resource values, or you could use event styles to color based on the resource value: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... ventStyles

I hope that helps!

KC
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:14 pm
That's a shame there is no provision for additional views based around the way resources is displayed. Is this a flat-out "can't be done" or could I contract you guys to make this? :D
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm
Hi Jim,

While there is a lot that can be customized on the user end of DayBack, this really is adding new views to the calendar. The resource views are based on the resource value list and resource field. Adding new views to be based on another value list and field would require modifications to the core calendar code, so this isn't really something we can customize just on your instance of DayBack and would be a very large project.

The solution that works with DayBack out of the box would be to have both the Clinicians and Clinic Locations in the resource list so both can be viewed in the Resource views. Then you can create your own quick filters to show just clinicians or just clinic locations using the built-in FileMaker script.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker