Sorting Events in Horizon View

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:03 pm
I am looking for a way to sort events in the horizon view by project (and date as secondary sort) instead of purely by date. I tried using the Dbk_MilestoneSort field for this but it seems this only allows you to sort events when their date matches and it does not override the overall date sort. Is it not possible to sort by a different field in horizon view as the primary sort?

I think a breakout by Project might also be a decent option for accomplishing what I’m looking for. Is it possible to add a breakout by Project in addition to the Resource and Status options we already have for that feature? If so, how would I add that?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Hi dstojak,

Great to see you were able to get your account working!

There's limited sorting that you can do in the calendar using the "Event Find" script: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... tingEvents

This only really affects events that are all-day or at the same time on the same day.

We do have a feature-request to be able to breakout by project, or even possibly by additional fields. So it's definitely on our minds, and I've added a +1 to the feature-request to show your interest. I wish I had better news for you, but unfortunately, I don't have a timeline on when this feature might be added to DayBack.

If you're not already, you can follow @DayBackStatus on Twitter to be notified whenever we release a new build.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker