Updating to DayBack 10.50

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:06 pm
Please back up your file before making any changes.

If you haven't already, navigate to the "Settings" tab in the calendar sidebar and click "Account Settings". Click "Check For Updates". This button should change to "Install Update" and inform you that version 10.50 is available. Click "Install Update".

To update the necessary scripts, begin by downloading the latest version of DayBack here:

You should follow these instructions if you have done the embedded integration or the linking integration and you don't want to perform the integration all over again.

The Changes

Adding support for FileMaker 18

The "Get Webviewer Calendar FilePath" script contains two Set Variable script steps that need to be updated. Both steps set the $$sc_Webviewer_URL variable and are highlighted in the screenshot below.

1. Get Webviewer Calendar FilePath script steps.png
1. Get Webviewer Calendar FilePath script steps.png (219.56 KiB) Viewed 23423 times

In script step #30, double click the Set Variable step to open the "Set Variable" Options window.
Click "Specify..." next to the Value field to open its "Specify Calculation" window.
Find the line in the calculation that begins "sc_filepath", highlighted in the screenshot below.

2. Remove the existing sc_filepath line.png
2. Remove the existing sc_filepath line.png (157.59 KiB) Viewed 23423 times

Delete the line, leaving a blank return/line. In it's place, copy/paste or type in the following three lines.

sc_appVersion = Floor ( GetAsNumber ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ) ) ;
sc_fmpProtocol = Case ( sc_appVersion ≥ 18 ; "fmp" & sc_appVersion & "://" ; "fmp://" ) ;
sc_filepath = sc_fmpProtocol & sc_locationPath & "/" & $sc_fileName ;

3. Three new lines in the Set Variable calc.png
3. Three new lines in the Set Variable calc.png (177.92 KiB) Viewed 23423 times

Check to make sure that your calculation appears as in the screenshot above (the new lines are highlighted).
Repeat steps 1-5 for line #33.
Save the script.

The "Web Address" calculation in the calendar web viewer object also needs to be updated.

In your DayBack file, navigate to your "Calendar" layout (you may have renamed it).
Enter Layout Mode.
Double click the Web Viewer object to open the "Web Viewer Setup" dialog as in the screenshot below

4. Open the Web Viewer Setup window.png
4. Open the Web Viewer Setup window.png (168.71 KiB) Viewed 23423 times

Click "Specify..." next to the Web Address field to open its Specify Calculation window.
Find the line in the calculation that begins "sc_filepath", highlighted in the screenshot below. Delete the line, leaving a blank return/line.

5. Remove the existing sc_filepath line.png
5. Remove the existing sc_filepath line.png (176.36 KiB) Viewed 23423 times

In it's place, copy/paste or type in the following three lines. NOTE: these lines are *not* identical to the lines added in the script above.

sc_appVersion = Floor ( GetAsNumber ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ) ) ;
sc_fmpProtocol = Case ( sc_appVersion ≥ 18 ; "fmp" & sc_appVersion & "://" ; "fmp://" ) ;
sc_filepath = sc_fmpProtocol & sc_locationPath & "/" & Get ( FileName ) ;

6. Three new lines in the web viewer calc .png
6. Three new lines in the web viewer calc .png (183.41 KiB) Viewed 23423 times

Check to make sure that your calculation appears as in the screenshot above (the new lines are highlighted).
Click OK (and click OK again) to save the changes to the Web Viewer calculation.
Exit Layout Mode to save the layout.

Adding support for using multiple copies of DayBack (FileMaker 17+ Only)

!!Important - Please note that the following must be done in FileMaker Pro 17 or greater as folder support doesn't exist in earlier versions. If you copy this script using an older version of FileMaker Pro, the calendar will stop functioning for FileMaker 17+ users: Add the following script to your current DayBack File (Your file if you have done an embedded integration) by copying it from the newly downloaded DayBack file and pasting it into your file as a new script.

"Set Temp Path Folder"

Then modify the "Get Webviewer Calendar FilePath" script so it appears as the screenshot below. The easiest way to accomplish this is to copy that section of the script from the newly downloaded file and paste it into the script in your DayBack file. Make sure to remove the duplicate "Set Variable" line that would appear after the else statement if you copy and paste. Make sure to save the script after any changes

Multiple Files.png
Multiple Files.png (165.3 KiB) Viewed 23419 times

Finishing Up:
Close the new DayBack file you used to copy the script contents from.
Change the build number recorded in the database. Navigate to "File -> Manage -> Database" then go to the "CalendarInterface" table. Change the "BuildNumberCalc" calculation to read "10.50". Click "OK" to save those changes.

Then please run the "Upon Opening" script in your file. This will ensure all of the new settings load properly and the calendar loads with the correct data.

That's it, enjoy DayBack 10.50.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:33 am
When I add the lines in the last step (to Get Webviewer Calendar Path) my calendar goes blank (white screen). I've also noted that this script was not really the same as you showed in the first steps here. I did not have the second occurrence of the variable "$$_Webviewer_URL". I thought maybe I missed a step in a previous update but I couldn't see where in my reviewing. Any thoughts on why the FM18 portion of the IF fails? (I am running the most current FM 18 on Mac OS 10.13.6 and FMPS 18 on another machine under 10.13.6)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.27.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.27.43 AM.png (46.77 KiB) Viewed 22597 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:08 am
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the details. It looks like the "Get Webviewer Calendar FilePath" script was updated in build 10.22, but we do not have that in the update instructions, so I'll address that.

If you haven't made any customizations to that script in your file, you can copy and paste the contents over from the latest copy into your file. You can probably also copy and paste the contents of the webviewer to your file also, as long as you haven't made any custom modifications to it.

You always want to apply the in-app updates to the calendar first, before applying the script updates, as the web viewer expects the exported data to be in a specific format. Once you've applied the in-app updates, you'll then need to apply all of the FileMaker script updates, to the latest build, before you can expect the calendar to work properly. Let me know if getting all of the script updates applied gets the calendar working for you.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 am
I've applied all the in app updates and script updates to 10.55. Still a blank white calendar. I've disabled the >17 statement for now and the calendar works again. Not sure what I missed here. Is there a debug setting I can use in the webviewer to troubleshoot?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, there's not really a way to debug through the web viewer. I think we'll need to take a look at the file to see exactly what's causing the calendar to be blank. If you'd like us to take a look, please email us a link to [email protected] where we can download the files and I'll get back to you by email. I suggest using this free service to create a download link for your files, https://wetransfer.com though you can also send us a link from Dropbox.

Thanks!

KC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 pm
Great. This is a non-production file so I'll send you a copy asap.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker