Exceeded host’s capacity error 812

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:28 am
Hi,

I had this problem this morning.

FMS15, with plenty of licences for our needs, only half of the licence is used right now.

PSOS is set to TRUE ... no quote this time :lol:

When I open the calendar layout page, I get the coffee mug and FM is stuck forever. But was working great this earlier morning for all users.

Run the script debugger, no apparent problem. Until I check stop on error. After running the "Event Find" that run on the server, I have error 812.

Is it possible that the script run but some connection stay active ?
The run script simultaneity was 50, crank it to 100.

After restarting the FMS service, the error stopped and all users now have access to the calendar.

What could be wrong ? What setting in FMS15 or in the server script may cause this ?

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:38 pm
Hello Jean-Francois,

That 812 error usually means exactly what you've found; that the number of PSOS sessions available has been exceeded. It's quite possible that restarting your FMS with it still set to 50 would have resolved the problem as well: sounds like some PSOS sessions we're not being terminated. We're closed through the weekend for the 4thof July holiday, but I'll ask KC on Monday if he's seen this before and has any suggestions.

Sincerely yours,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:25 pm
I forgot from up north that it was the 4th of July !

I also notice an update from 360Works ScriptMaster 5.2

Version 5.2 (5/14/2019)
* Fixed issues that caused PSOS calls to return "Host capacity exceeded"

So maybe it was that ? Even if the PSOS in Event Find was not using that plugin ? That I don't know !!

I didn't update as the new 5.2 create another bug that I reported today, all French letters (è à é) are replaced with a ? When used with Send HTML Email function.

To be continued...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:04 pm
Hi Jean-Francois,

DayBack doesn't use the ScriptMaster plugin by default, so it's likely that the connections were actually used up for some reason. It might be that the ScriptMaster plugin is leaving connections open somehow, and that's what they've fixed in the new version. The PSOS connections should be closed shortly after the Event Find script in DayBack, so if the 812 error is being reported, then there are actually no connections available on the server.

Restarting the service will free up all of those connections, so it might just be something to watch over the next few weeks and see if you run into the same issue again.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker