Repeating Events List not appearing, post-update

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 pm
Hi,

Updating to a new 10.51 file from 9.x and now the repeating events list no longer appears for those events that repeat. Double checked that the field is mapped in the Source No layout and data viewer shows the correct field is stored in $$sc_FieldForRepeatingID. The old file works, the new one doesn't. Any ideas?

In the new file, I just get the Repeat Options window...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:39 pm
Ok, so I fixed it, albeit in a kind of wonky way:

1. edited 'Does Event Have Repetitions (ID)' to dump the SQL query and replaced with:
- conventional open-window/layout-enter-find-mode
- search for the ScriptParameter in my repetitionID field
- pass '1' if Get ( Foundcount ) > 1 back to 'Show Repeating Event Options Window' script
2. added a line to Go To Layout (Repetitions List ); don't know why that wasn't in there, it seems that there is no script step to load the layout...
3. added a line to 'view as list'

...I don't recall this being an issue in the 9.x DayBack. Am I missing something?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 am
Hi Eugene,

Glad you were able to get the detection of existing repetitions working in your file.

I just verified that in the latest stock copy of DayBack, repetitions are working as expected. So, without seeing a copy of your file before you fixed it, I can't be sure exactly what the issue was. However, I'm guessing there was a reference in the SQL query that was not returning the correct value (1), so the flag didn't get set that there were already existing repetitions. Your steps to do a FileMaker find in a new window should work just fine.

As far as the "Go To Layout (Repetitions List)" step you added, that's not actually a layout in the stock copy of DayBack. By default, DayBack just sets the founds set in the "Action - View Event" layout that the user is already already on, so they can navigate through the details of each repeating event record. Your script step to go to an overview/list layout of all of the events should also work just fine.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 am
Thanks KC,

I integrated the original file so long ago, I forgot which were stock and which were custom layouts. My bad.

Thanks!

Eugene

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker