Multiple DayBack files

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:08 am
Hi,

I'm having an issue when using multiple DayBack files on one server. The situation:

- my client has 4 physical locations, each with it's own FileMaker file.
- I used to have one DayBack file and we would switch out sources and resources, which worked out ok after some wrangling.
- now, they want to be able to schedule sessions across multiple files and that means they want multiple files open at once.
- I recently re-integrated their solution from the 1-file DayBack 9.x to 4-file DayBack 10.51.
- first, I don't even know if this sort of thing is supported at all, but each file opens up fine on its own.
- however, when you switch from one file to another, the resources from the last-viewed/last-refreshed file populate the 2nd file.
- maybe this has to do with 'xx to CSV' exports? it seems that there is only one set of files for the whole solution...
- I tried messing around with temp file directories, but this produced, expectedly, bad results.

thoughts?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 am
Hi Eugene,

Running multiple copies of DayBack on the same machine was recently added to DayBack in Build 10.50 and only works on machines running FileMaker 17 or greater: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4550&p=12987#p12987

If your clients are all running FileMaker 17+, and you're running the latest version of DayBack, They should be able to open multiple copies at the same time. If they're not running FileMaker 17+, then the exported calendar web viewer files, which include the exported resources, get overwritten whenever the calendar is loaded. So you currently have multiple instances of DayBack competing with each other for the temporary folder.

However, each instance of DayBack needs its own license, so you'd need 4 active licenses if you have 4 separate instances of DayBack.

What we would normally suggest is outlined in our docs here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... eCalendars

You could have one separate DayBack file, that references each of the 4 files as external data sources, and each clinic would have their own source(s) on the calendar. However, DayBack doesn't currently support source-specific resource lists by default. We do have a couple of customers who have created their own sidebar and modified scripts to re-load the resource list based on which sources are selected.

If you'd like to incorporate something like that, we'd be happy to do so as part of an implementation package. Packages can be used for consulting, coaching, or modifications like these and start at blocks of 3 hrs for $190/hr. When the time comes, you can use this link and, with a day or two notice, we can schedule some time to work with you:

http://sites.fastspring.com/seedcode/pr ... onpackages

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker