Select Event Type in New Event Popover

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:43 am
Is it possible to add a second button to the new event popover and have one for the events table and a second for the todo list table?

If that can't be done, can the new event open an intermediate dialog where the user can choose between new event and new todo?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:31 am
Hi djweisman,

While DayBack does give you the opportunity to customize the behavior when clicking on an even through event actions, unfortunately, modifying the double-click event on the calendar is not yet an option. I've added a +1 to the feature-request for this to show your interest. I wish I had better news for you, but I don't have a timeline on when this feature might be implemented into DayBack.

If you're not already, you can follow @DayBackStatus on Twitter to be notified whenever we release a new build.

If you're not using DayBack's built-in popover, one option that some of our customers have implemented is to override the "Submit Event From WebViewer" script to detect if a new event is being created and show a custom FileMaker dialog to set the source number before continuing to create the event.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the event will be created on the first active source. So if you're only showing todo events on the calendar, new events will be automatically created on the todo list source.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:10 am
Thanks,

Hijacking the Submit Event script should solve the problem for now.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker