Columns in Day Schedule

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:23 am
I have set up Dayback for use in a Clinic setting. I changed Status to "Clinician" so that it's easy to select and view a particular Clinician's schedule in the various schedule views.

The problem I am encountering is clutter when there are multiple Clinicians selected and you are using the "Day Schedule" (Picture attached). What I want is to have the Clinician name on the top (column head) and the events for them below, not shuffling around as shown. Is it possible for this view to be edited to add the column heads and keep events related to each clinician in that column?
Attachments
image005.jpg
image005.jpg (152.22 KiB) Viewed 17817 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:59 am
Hi Jim,

If you want to see each resource's (clinician's) columns in an individual column, then you'd want to instead use the Resource Schedule view and change the "Days" option to 1, so that you only see one day.

Does that accomplish what you're looking for?

You can even script going to that view and setting the number of days if that helps: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... Navigation

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:47 am
So you're saying I must move clinicians (currently 'status') to Resources? I am currently using Resources to carry Clinic Locations. Plus I want to keep the current function of clicking a Clinician to view their schedule.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:47 am
Hi Jim,

Sorry I missed that in your first post. Yes, in order to separate clinicians into columns, they'll need to be set up as a resource.

You could have both clinicians and locations as resources on an event. If you wanted to continue to use the "Status" filter for clinicians, you could certainly do so by having your Resource list be calculated, then handle updating/merging your list in the "Create Edit Delete Event" script, rather than letting it save back to the Resource field automatically. The only issue with this is that the status filter wouldn't modify the list of resources in the resource view, as only the resource filters do that.

The other option would be to have your own FileMaker filter objects outside of the calendar web viewer to update the clinicians and locations using FileMaker scripts, rather than the built-in sidebar.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:39 am
The other option would be to have your own FileMaker filter objects outside of the calendar web viewer to update the clinicians and locations using FileMaker scripts, rather than the built-in sidebar.

I curious what you mean by this. Can you elaborate a bit?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:15 am
Hi Jim,

You can use the "Filters" layout for reference and see that you can apply filters in FileMaker by setting the appropriate "CalendarInterface::FilterGlob_X" field to the value you'd like to filter on, then run the "Apply Filters to WebViewer..." script. So, you could add your own FileMaker objects outside the web viewer on your Calendar layout, and have those buttons apply pre-set filters if you'd like.

You can find more details on how the filters work in the docs here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... er.Filters

To give you an idea of how this could look, you can view a couple of custom sidebars our customers have made in following blog articles:
https://www.seedcode.com/custom-sidebar-for-dayback/
https://www.seedcode.com/beautiful-cust ... -calendar/

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker