Filtering

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:02 pm
Hi, one question, one comment...Is there a limit to the number of filters I can set up? I've got about 12 defined in the load calendar settings script and the last few don't seem to be working...

Also, I noticed that when I have a resource name like a room that has a slash in it (such as Flame/VFX)...the event creation doesn't like to add that resource...the record gets created, but with the first resource from my list.

Graham
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:38 pm
Hi Graham,

There's no limit to the number of filters you can set up. Those filters are applied in the "Event Find - Apply Filters..." script by looping through them and modifying the FileMaker find request. So, you'll want to verify that you're specifying the correct field for each source that should be filtered on (they need to be specified in order), and that the FilterGlob_X field for the filter you're trying to apply is being set as expected. You can verify that the term you're searching for on the filter field actually results in some records by testing it manually on your own FileMaker layout.

I've tested adding a resource called "Flame/VFX" to a stock copy of DayBack and it seems to be working just fine. I'm able to assign an existing or new event to that resource. So, likely the issue is that the resource value in the "DBk_WebViewerSource" field for that source doesn't match the resource field that's mapped to the Source No X layout for that source. The "DBk_WebViewerSource" determines the event data that is sent to the calendar and the Source No X layout specifies where to save the data back, so you'll want to make sure those fields match, unless you're trying to handle the saving of resource values yourself.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:50 pm
Thanks! I had the filters out of order, so that's solved...not sure on the "/" issue...fields seem to match, but I'll keep looking.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 2:25 pm
That's great, Graham.

I'd be happy to have a quick look at the resource issue if you can send over a clone of the file. Just reach out to us directly at [email protected] and we'll dive in.

Thanks,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker