Accessing Settings with custom sidebar

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 am
I have built a custom sidebar on the left of the calendar. I have locked and hidden the native sidebar for calendar users. I was wondering if it's possible to access the Time Settings and View Settings. I noticed fields in the CalendarInterface table but they don't really relate to the calendar settings in the original sidebar. Are the settings parameters accessible to me so I can create a UI of my own? :D

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.14.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.14.15 AM.png (81.4 KiB) Viewed 11618 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:12 am
Hi Jim,

Yes, these options are something you can change in FileMaker scripts with DayBack Classic. You'll find all of these settings in the "Load Calendar Settings - On Startup --- Edit Configuration Here ---" script ($$sc_DefaultTime, $$sc_MinTime, etc.).

The trick here is that these settings are only exported to the calendar during the initial startup, so you'll need to run the "Upon Opening" script whenever a user changes one of these options in your sidebar, then set the appropriate variables in the "Load Calendar Settings..." script based on the values set in the sidebar.

You'll also need to make sure the $$sc_ClearUserSettings variable in that file is set to True, or the settings saved in the browser's local storage will override the settings specified in this script. Likely, you already have that set to True, as that's the default.

I hope that helps!

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker