Suggestions 4.35

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:47 am
Hello SeedCode developers,
This is my first post, my intention is to share my inquiries and suggestions with other users, helping both parts (support and creators) developing this excellent product:

Inquiries (Fixing):
1. Adding pdf or files doesn’t work in the project mode (SeedCode Complete 4.35).
How to reproduce: Create a new project, add a file (pdf) – attachments, save and go back to the note (edit mode), then open the attachments, the container is empty.

Suggestions:

1. Avoid using half points in design, because in Windows seems to be a double line (example: panel_Repeating, Weekly, CalendarInterface::RepeatEveryNumberGlob).
The position is 361,5 and 361 gives a better look.
2. Avoid using prohibition SQL field names (primary, …) in your database, because programmers may want to execute SQL.
3. Create a language script, why “January…, Thursday” are in layout, in the conditional formatting and in scripts (Build Repetition Rule and – script)

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:59 pm
Thanks for posting these observations. I haven't had a chance to confirm them but I will soon. We definitely want to fix any buggy behavior ASAP, so we very much appreciate this kind of feedback. Stay tuned.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:30 am
Hi Caps,

Thanks so much! Yes we have a bug there on the Project Note attachment. In the Edit Project Note [ NoteID ] script, correct the calculation in the specified script step as shown here:

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 10.08.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 10.08.55 AM.png (138.46 KiB) Viewed 7866 times

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 10.09.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 10.09.15 AM.png (104.19 KiB) Viewed 7866 times

1. Avoid using half points in design, because in Windows seems to be a double line (example: panel_Repeating, Weekly, CalendarInterface::RepeatEveryNumberGlob).

Yes, this was our intention, but I'm sure we messed some up along the way. I'll do some inspections and get these cleaned up!

2. Avoid using prohibition SQL field names (primary, …) in your database, because programmers may want to execute SQL.

Yes, also a good idea...although it really is best practice to quote your field and table names in SQL, particularly in FM where underscores and reserved words abound! 8)

3. Create a language script, why “January…, Thursday” are in layout, in the conditional formatting and in scripts (Build Repetition Rule and – script)

This is one of the main reasons/benefits of bringing the calendar to the web viewer and we hope to bring this to Complete down the road.

Thanks again and please keep us posted on how it's going and anything else you find!

Cheers!
Jason

Return to SeedCode Complete 13