Problem Creating New Staff Acct

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:48 pm
Under settings when setting up new staff the last data entered shows up in a new contact pop-up. I have tested this with a clean version of 4.37.

I haven't spent any time debugging this to figure out why but will do so soon. If anyone has a solution let me know.

Here's the pop-up panel I am referring to:

new_contact.png
new_contact.png (36.76 KiB) Viewed 8956 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:21 am
That kind of seems like a FileMaker bug to me. We are clearing the "SelectContactsKeyGlob" global field that is used in the "SelectedContacts" relationship, but you're right, the previously entered values still appear in the fields. A Commit Records would probably do it but we don't want to commit at that point because there is still a "Cancel" option, which relies on all new related records not being committed yet.
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:06 pm
Yeah, I followed the scripts and the "SelectContactKeyGlob" global field is cleared but yet the data is still there. Not a big deal since new staff are not created often. A simple cancel and restart of the process works fine.

Maybe the new Filemaker 14 will fix this (hint, hint). I'm sure you guys are already prepping a v14 version of Calendar Complete, right?

Thanks for looking at this Jeff.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:49 am
No new version of Complete planned anytime soon, but the current SeedCode Complete works even better in FileMaker 14 with its faster performance and smoother animation. More on that here:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... lete3.FM14

Return to SeedCode Complete 13