My Associations Behavior Change

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 pm
I have been trying to modify the behavior of the "My Associations" button on the home layout for quite some time but with limited success.

assoc_panel.png
assoc_panel.png (63.08 KiB) Viewed 7951 times

Here is what I would like to accomplish:

My associations button = active:
Show all contacts that logged in user is associated with - this works fine in the original file

My associations button = inactive (greyed out):
Show all contacts - would like to change the button behavior to accomplish this

In conjunction with this I would like to have the "recent only" button action changed to "active only" with the following behavior.

Recent only = active:
Change to Active only to show only active contacts

Recent only = inactive (greyed out):
Change to show all contacts

Both button actions should work to toggle either my associations inactive/active or all associations inactive/active.

What is the best way to approach this change in behavior? What are the scripts to focus on?

I have some idea having ran debug during the process but any changes I've made so far only impact one button script and not the other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Ken
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:07 pm
Hi Ken. Contact us at [email protected] if you'd like to have us make these custom modifications for you. If you'd like to tackle them yourself, you'll see the script stack is:

Toggle My Associations Filter
Get Contact IDs Home
Return Contact IDs Home

Follow those scripts in the Script Debugger to see where global fields and variables are being populated, resulting in the "virtual list" you see in the portal. You can edit the "my associations only" text in Layout Mode (note the conditional formatting on that text object).

HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:11 pm
Thanks Jeff. I have sent this to Seedcode Support as suggested. I will continue to see if I can figure it out.

Ken

Return to SeedCode Complete 13