Open Event In Calendar - Layout object missing

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:39 pm
Oops! I did something wrong when adding the DB calendar to SC but can't figure it out.

Please help.

Selecting "Open Event in Calendar" from contact record does not open the event in the calendar. It goes right back to the contact's event display layout.

Using script debugger I get the following error "[116] Layout object is missing". Any idea what I did wrong here?

getweb_error.png
getweb_error.png (119.78 KiB) Viewed 8467 times

Thanks.

Ken
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:35 am
Hi Ken,

Sounds like you may be missing some of the off-screen objects in the calendar. If you open the original DayBack calendar file you're copying from you'll find that four layouts have some off-screen objects.

splash (shown below)
calendar (same idea, but different objects)
web viewer: under the hood (different objects)
edit text file (also different objects)

If those off-screen objects are missing from your layouts, I'd copy them originals from DayBack and paste them in.

If you're using an unmodified copy of DayBack or those objects are there, then I think you may have an issue with your scripts. Make sure the script "OPen Contact Event in Calendar" looks exactly like the one in the reference copy of Complete you're working from.

Let me know what you see; I'm sure we can find the issue.

splash.png
splash.png (209.28 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:32 pm
Thanks John.

The "Open Event in Calendar" script was not the same as the one in the SC/DB sample. My SC was 4.5 modified and I went through the steps to add Day Back. Should have known better, should have compared the two.

I was tearing my hair out over this one. Thanks so much for your prompt reply and solution.

Ken
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:39 pm
Well done for hunting that down, Ken! Congrats.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Complete 13