How to load all events when coming from Project screen

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:05 pm
Hi John and Dan,

I am having an issue with the calendar display, when I use the button "view on gantt chart" in the project screen.

It only shows the first two events, but I have 5. I think it is related to the Phases. When I add another event with the same phase as the first two events, it will also show this on the Gantt Chart.

How can I load all events on the Gantt Chart regardless of the Phases within a Project?

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:11 am
Hi Regine,

I'm unable to reproduce this issue in a copy of SeedCode Complete. All events for a project are appearing on the Horizon view for me. If start dates are far apart, they may not be able to fit on the Horizon view at the same time, so I need to navigate ahead in the calendar to see events further down stream.

Can you confirm that the start dates of the three events should appear on the view? Do these events appear on other calendar views as expected, after clicking "reset filters" on the Filters tab?

Thank you!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:31 pm
Hi Dan,

I just worked out the problem: I had changed the project name after I had created some of the events and the name hasn't been updated automatically in the events.

Is there a way of automating the update of the name in the events?

Thanks

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:00 pm
Hi Regine,

Sounds like you solved the issue, which is great. However, I'm still not able to reproduce as you describe. If I change the name of a project, the Project's events still appear on the calendar when clicking "View on Gantt Chart".

To rename the events' ProjectName when the name of the parent project is changed, you could do so in a script. For example, when saving the changes to the project, you could compare the project name to the first event's project name. If they're different, then we know the project name was edited and we need to update the related events. Clicking Save after editing a project triggers the "OK Project Edit" script, so you could add this update of events' ProjectName here or in a subscript.

Hope that helps!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:09 am
Hi Dan,

The problem is, that the Project Filter gets set to the current Project Name when using the button "View on Gantt Chart" in the Projects screen. Since some events were created prior to the Project name change, it won't find them.

You may want to try it with my data: My original Project name was "Salters Landing - Website" and my new Project name was "Salters Landing Estate".
I guess it depends on the change and if the find command will still work. Ie if you change from "Salters Landing" to "Salters Landing Estate" it will still find all the events, but not the other way around.

Hope this makes sense.

I will try your fix by amending the OK Project Edit script.

Thanks

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:24 pm
Hi Regine,

You are absolutely right. I'm sorry for overlooking that we are filtering by Project Name in Complete! In my initial test, I simply added text to the Project Name field, so all events were still found.

Let me know how implementing the update of related Event records works for you. And keep me posted if you have other questions.

All the best,
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:27 pm
Hi Dan,

All good, I just added a couple of script steps to update the project name in existing events.

Attached a screenshot of what I did, in case somebody is interested.

Thanks

Kind regards

Regine
Attachments
update events.PNG
update events.PNG (13.02 KiB) Viewed 12917 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:35 am
Hi Regine,

This is great. Thanks so much for sharing!

Return to SeedCode Complete 13