Calendar not showing Contact name

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:13 am
Hi John and Dan,

I am having an issue with the Calendar. I have created an event from a contact record (Martin).
I then wanted to remove the link to the contact record (Martin), so it's just on the calendar but not appearing on the contact record.
I just removed the name (Martin) and it cleared it, but the record (Martin) is still visible in the Contact Tab in Events Viewer. Q1: How can I remove it from there?

I then added a different Contact record (Natalie) to the Event, but the name (Natalie) is not showing in the Contact Tab, just an empty space. It does show on the Events Description & dates Tab.
Q2: How do I get it on the Contacts tab?

I have attached some screenshots, hopefully it makes sense.

Thanks

Kind regards

Regine
Attachments
Events Contact Tab.PNG
Events Contact Tab.PNG (19.76 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
events Details after change.PNG
events Details after change.PNG (28.16 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:52 am
Hi Regine,

Thanks for reaching out on this. Events can have both one Primary contact and an unlimited number of linked Contacts (linked through the join table named EventsContacts).

Assigning a primary contact will also add that contact to the list on the Contacts tab, but deselecting or changing the primary contact will not cause that contact to be removed from the Contacts tab. To remove the contact from the Contacts tab, click the "edit" button on this tab, and click the red delete icon.

I hope this helps! For more info on event contacts, see the link below. If you have any other questions on this, let me know. http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... tactEvents

Thanks again,
Dan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:07 pm
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. Found it now. All good.

Kind regards

Regine

Return to SeedCode Complete 13