Can't get primary Company Name into Contact Table

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 am
Location: Perth Western Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:45 pm
Hi John and Dan,

I have done some contact imports based on your video, but I am struggling with one part. I just can't get the company name into the primary company name field.

I can see the company in the contact record Edit screen and it is ticked as Primary, but it is not showing on the left side. (see screenshot)

Please can you help me here, how I can display the company name.

Thanks
Regine
Attachments
primary company.PNG
primary company.PNG (67.11 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:27 pm
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:53 am
Hello Regine,

Thanks so much for reaching out on this. I will have the chance to dig into this issue this afternoon, and will follow up with a solution for you this evening.

Thanks again,
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:27 pm
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:33 pm
Hi Regine,

Thanks again for reaching out to us here. After taking another look at John's video describing the Contact import process, I remember that he does cover this particular step. If you play the video at around the 11 minute mark, John walks through the steps so that the Company ID and CompanyName are stored in the Contact record itself. This will cause the Company to appear in the Contact details sidebar.

I hope this helps! But please let me know if you still have any questions about getting the Company to appear on the Contact record, after reviewing that portion of John's video.

All the best,

Dan
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 am
Location: Perth Western Australia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:18 pm
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the tip. I ended up deleting everything and started again.

I think at one stage I must have forgotten to choose the correct table and overwrote my Contact IDs with the Company IDs or vice versa, because both were the same in my import file. which was the reason why it didn't work, even though I had done all steps.

Actually when I did the first import 2 months ago, I wrote down every step shown in the video, as I found it very hard to hop between the video and my database trying to follow the video. I will have more imports in the future, so I hopefully will get it right next time without hiccups.

Thanks

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:27 pm
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:28 am
Sounds good, Regine!

Keep us posted if you have any other questions as you move forward with other imports.

All the best,

Return to SeedCode Complete 13

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
(855) SEEDCODE
support@seedcode.com
Follow us: