Is "panel_PanelEdge" panel necessary?

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:30 am
Hello!

I want to remove from a lot of scripts an instruction that update the object "panel_PanelEdge" that seems irrelevant for me. Before I do it, I have checked what this object is and found a small panel outside the boundaries of specific layouts (Contacts, Invoices, ...).

Can I remove the object and the script step without damaging the behavior of the system?

Thanks!

Denis
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:26 pm
Hi Denis,

Hope you are doing well. Good eye here. I actually can't even find any objects named "panel_PanelEdge", so the refresh object steps are throwing an error for me. Since I'm not sure what the objects are that you've identified, I wouldn't advise deleting any offscreen objects. But you can certainly disable or delete these Refresh Object steps if you'd like.

Thanks for letting us know.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:32 am
Strange that you didn't find this object. Take a look at Contacts layout at position (1782,371). Because it is not something known from you, I will remove all those objects and get rid of the Refresh Object step.

Thanks!

Denis
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:21 pm
Thanks Denis,

I was able to find that object in version 4.37 of Complete. So you're right: we've removed it, so please feel free to remove it as well. It looks like we missed removing this in our update instructions for recent updates. Leaving the step and objects there won't cause any harm, but nothing will be broken by removing them =).

Thanks again for letting us know about this!

Return to SeedCode Complete 13