Display issue with plain emails

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:13 pm
Hi John and Dan,

I am having an issue with displaying plain emails in the notes section (SeedCodeComplete file). It adds funny characters to the email, but when I look in the back end SeedCodeModel file, I can't see them.

See attached screenshot showing the front and back end at the same time.

When I open and close the view on the front end multiple times it suddenly changes and shows correct. It confuses staff that it looks weird.

Any suggestions how I can fix this?

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards

Regine
Attachments
display issue with plain emails.PNG
display issue with plain emails.PNG (92.55 KiB) Viewed 8120 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:10 am
Hi Regine,

It looks like you're using a plugin to import the emails from Outlook's data files to SeedCode Complete, right?

It's likely that the import is where these extra characters are coming from, which could be related to an encoding mismatch issue. An update to Outlook may have changed the way they format their data files so they are no longer compatible with the plugin.

The best thing to do would be to reach out to the company that makes this plugin and ask if they've encountered this before.

Since I see you have a NoteCalculation field, it also could be something that's happening in that calculation. If the plugin is not importing the text with those extra characters, this would be the next place to look.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

KC

Return to SeedCode Complete 13